noahchris97

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Classic/ Vintage coin-op restorer of pinballs & juke boxes.
    Model ship builder.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

Morning All,

At my new employment at a dairy facility where I'm responsible for the Sanitation Dept. One of my discoveries, The charm ATP handheld (Novalum6031). This unit is currently being used, but not correctly. There are no programmed plans /sights and such.  

Now my question is about limits. Are there current standards for limits for these items listed below:

Current Limits being used

• Stainless Steel- 100
  • Rubber-4500
  • Plastic-2500
  • Nylon-  -1 ( nothing set )
  • Teflon- -1 ( nothing set )
  • Aluminium -  -1 ( nothing set )
  • Dairy - 350
  • Water- 0

If I forgot certain target area's feel free to share. I'm not sure where these limits came from, not sure if they are correct, to hight, to low. I need information / help on this subject / point me in the right direction....Also common sights for testing would be helpful as well.

Your help would be much appreciated....

Thanks,

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:06 AM

Stainless should be 1000

Rubber and plastic are correct

Water is correct

I don't know what the other limits are. I don't test those surfaces here.

These are standard limits set for the NovaLum by Charm.

Give Charm customer service a call. They are very helpful.

Marshall

Thanked by 1 Member:

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

mgourley is correct, the stainless limit is 1000.  Before you change the 100 to 1000, however, check your customer requirements.  Reasonable or not, we have a customer requirement of 0 for the Charm. 

Beautiful

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:52 PM

Hi Noahcris97,

I just started with this network so I know my post is late, but I hope it helps:

If you would like to know if there is any updated on the set limits, you need to contact Charms…although the most current that I have by Charms is below.

Stainless Steel RLU = 1000

Teflon RLU = 4500

Plastic RLU = 2500

Aluminum RLU = 6000

Rubber RLU = 4500

I don’t have the other elements you mention in your first post: Nylon ,Teflon, Dairy

Water

My suggestion is: if there isn’t any record of how the settings were completed, you will probably need to start working on it.

There is coupe ways to do it. First contact Charms and they will send you the procedure how to set your limits….This procedure requires micro testing. If your boss is willing to add this to the sanitation budged it will be great for you to learn something new. The Staff from Charms is very helpful with this matter. Note: Charms always recommend validating your limits regardless of thiers.

Other way to do it is to select the areas you would like to add to your routine ATP swabbing and create a check list. Every time those areas are cleaned you will need to swabbed and record the RLU results---this can be done at least after 30 clean ups so that you can have enough data to review. Every day you will get different results. After you review the results you will pick the lowest result and make it as start point (set limit) But continue observing the trend at least for the next six months just to see if you can get lower RLU.

I work in a meat facility we been using Charms for years. So base on our continuously persistence to get lower results (believe or not) in our food safety plan, for all the surfaces the RLU must be 0 (cero) this includes Aluminum, SS, plastic, rubber. We although do not have Nylon, Teflon in our operations.

For Dairy I suggest continue following the RLU 350 and if you would like to go lower then test double rinsing…When I used to work in another facility we conduct a triple rinse and then ATP. The ATP was set after a data with one rinse, double rinse and triple rinse was reviewed.

I hope this helps :spoton:

Thanked by 3 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users