Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:49 AM

Hello, I am following this forum since a while now. Long story short, we have our audit booked for February 2016 end. So far, I have started working on BRC but I am the only ONE. I really need help now. I am not getting any good consultant at the moment because we need at least 3 months of documents so I don't have enough time. Senior Management is supportive but rest of the people in my team and my boss doesn't work out and I feel like I am running by myself.

Now I am wondering, does any one have examples to share for meeting minutes with agenda, product withdrawal (I cant find any info on Health Canada website)?

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:16 AM

Hi 123herewego,

It is virtually impossible to do this on your own and I would advise you in this situation is come up with an implementation plan and involve the site management.

If you need help then you might want to consider the IFSQN BRC (Issue 7) Food Safety and Quality Management System which includes technical support until you achieve BRC certification.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

ahmedmourad

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

Hello:

attached some documents , downloded before from the Forums.

Best Wishes

Ahmed

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

123Herewego

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Thank you. But our Management wants someone local to work with. Personally I would love to work with IFSQN.

123Herewego

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

Thank you so much ahmedmourad.. :happydance:

123Herewego

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

Thank you Tony. The manual is excellent and is really helpful.

PSC

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

My company was in a somewhat similar scenario. We knew we wanted to become BRC certified, but no one really knew what to do until we got a consultant. Even after getting a consultant, most of our management didn't understand the depth and breadth needed to accomplish such a large undertaking, myself included.

We had an out of state auditor and based on her recommendations, we have pushed our audit back twice. It was difficult to have an out of state auditor and I wish we had looked for someone local. We are a week away from our very first BRC audit and I feel like we are now in a place where we need to be to pass the audit. We are a fairly sizable company, with over 100 employees and a 7 day work week. One of the biggest challenges for us was doing all of the training. The toughest thing for my company was remembering to document everything we do. We have been doing BRC required things, but up until halfway through this year had not been documenting it. 

I don't know how large your company is and how many suppliers you have, but regardless of any of that I'd say it's almost impossible to do this on your own. My suggestion would be to look in your local areas to see if anyone else is BRC certified. Give them a call and see if they know of anyone local that can consult. They may even have someone at their own company that would be willing to consult on the side. I did this and found someone, but it was already too late into our process and too close to our audit. I wish I had done it sooner.

The next step would be to search this site for helpful links and documents. I would start with BRC 7 Gap Analysis that was created by mgourley on this site. Then I would use the BRC 7 Risk Assessment Analysis created by Charles.C. I would say these two documents have helped me the most and will help you follow the most important areas that BRC requires. Both of these users, along with many others, have helped prepare my company for our impending audit. I think we are going to pass with flying colors.

There are not many BRC questions/issues that are not covered on this website. Do a lot of searches. Watch and listen to webinars. Most importantly, get your management team involved. Without their commitment, you might as well not try to accomplish a BRC certification. You need their support for many reasons.

Good luck!

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

Thank you Tony. The manual is excellent and is really helpful.

And hopefully you have found that the technical support we provide is too.

Kind regards,

Tony

mfdenoncourt

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

Hello,

You can find the step by step Recall Plans - Manufacturers' Guide on CFIA's website here:

http://www.inspectio...7/1376327095576

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Marie-France

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC First audit, stress, sen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users