• Quick Navigation
Photo

HACCP Plan for flexible packaging material (Product Description)

Share this

Best Answer , 16 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

If you are struggling phrasing into a a nice neat paragraph try compiling it as a list of fields like in this example

Once you've entered your data against those fields feel free to post it back here for discussion.

Regards,

Simon

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Merit

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Zimbabwe
    Zimbabwe

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

Hi

May you please assist me with the product description of flexible packaging material eg laminates, mono web, pouches, slab wrap and pvp.

Regards

Merit

ctzinck

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 110 posts
  • 38 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

this is how we worded ours:

Description of Products: Flexible packaging (plastic film) - single layer and multi-layer, printed or plain, roll form.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:38 PM   Best Answer

If you are struggling phrasing into a a nice neat paragraph try compiling it as a list of fields like in this example

Once you've entered your data against those fields feel free to post it back here for discussion.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Merit

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Zimbabwe
    Zimbabwe

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:22 PM

Attached File  HDP 1 Product Description laminates.docx   39.3KB   188 downloadsAttached File  HDP 2 Product Description Mono web.docx   39.18KB   124 downloadsAttached File  HDP 3 Product Description Slabwrap and Twist wrap.docx   37.52KB   114 downloads

Find attached the description I have done. Is it making sense? Are there any additions or subtractions.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

Looking good merit. One thing I notice is you use “ambient” for the storage temperature.  There is another discussion about “ambient” on the forum at the moment and it is a somewhat ambiguous term, especially in this case as you say one year shelf life depending on storage conditions.  Can the material function / quality be altered by extremes of temperature or humidity? 

Your ambient in Zimbabwe is probably my heat from hell in rainy Manchester, England. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Thanked by 1 Member:

TDunn

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 9 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

You would be wise to indicate (1) the intended food types to be packaged in your material and (2 the indented "use conditions" (usually temperature related) that the product and packaging will experience together. Both the US FDA and the EU Plastics Measure provide relevant categories for both of these indications.

Providing these categories helps to frame your following hazard assessment. For example, packaging intended for refrigerates storage of pasteurized dairy products generally have limits on allowable levels of biological contamination. Dry foods (such as those you  have listed in your draft descriptions are dramatically less prone to biological contamination and as such can tolerate higher levels of  biological contamination  in/on packaging materials.

Thanked by 4 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:57 AM

Good points Tom, thanks.

Kina163

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

this is how we worded ours:

Description of Products: Flexible packaging (plastic film) - single layer and multi-layer, printed or plain, roll form.

Agree,

specify the products based on the structure,

to add  roll form or bags

Polin

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

Hello!!

I have qualms about the product description in converters industry. Usually we have different types of raw material (BOPP, PP cast, PET, BOPP barrier, PET metallized etc) and even more combinations of products resulting therefrom. Regarding this I think that it is difficult to make seperate product descriptions because there is 100+ different types. A general product description and general storage conditions about all types of packed food is not reccommended? 

thank you in advance

Polin

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users