- - - - -

bibi

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:23 AM

Do anyone had a bad experience and cost of product recall?

We did, few months ago, we made mistake on used by date printed labels on sandwishes
17 Oct instead of 17 Nov, bad management no one "captured" it on time, the sandwishes went to the stores .

After 2 days receiving a call from EHO(about 3.00pm), saw the product and alert us in one of the big supermarket.

Straight away we did our investigation and product recall, but nearly 96% of the product has been sold due to short shelf live.

We did not have financial problem with a small retailers but with the "big supermarket " as their administrations fees for the recall was £2000 +VAT as we supplied to them to that date just 364 sandwiches, which we belived were already sold as we did not received any after.

What do you think is it fair to be charged that much as we are a small company with 25 staff.

A bad management will be be costy.( will put it as a human error as we have a good management systhem)

Why the EHO did not take action against the "BIG" as it was also part of thier responsibility too? :yeahrite:

BIBI

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

We did not have financial problem with a small retailers but with the "big supermarket " as their administrations fees for the recall was £2000 +VAT as we supplied to them to that date just 364 sandwiches, which we belived were already sold as we did not received any after.

I agree £2,350 is excessive / unfair, but I'm afraid it's welcome to the big league Bibi. You better get used to supplying perfection at lower than lowest cost. Nothing you can do except argue your case (if you have one) to minimise the financial penalty or refuse to supply them again. I bet you one thing though - you'll never make that mistake again.

Regards,
Simon

BTW these type of fines are not uncommon and I have heard of cases of retailers charging £20,000+ for product withdrawl from shelves and supply chain. And that's just the fine.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users