• IFSQN Member
  • 98 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

Hello,

Pl. guide us for the calculation of the process lethality for the artificially flavoured milk packed in glass bottles. The initial count TVC count is  6000000 CFU/ml . The flavoured milk is processed at 119 degree centigrade under 1.0 kg pressure.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

Hello,

Pl. guide us for the calculation of the process lethality for the artificially flavoured milk packed in glass bottles. The initial count TVC count is  6000000 CFU/ml . The flavoured milk is processed at 119 degree centigrade under 1.0 kg pressure.

Hi MDG,

Milk not my area of expertise but the TVC count seems astronomical. Unacceptable raw material ?

i assume the calculation you seek is for a retort process for sterilized milk. if otherwise please inform.

It is unclear whether you (a) are seeking typical industry  F0 values for the product you mention or (b) desiring to know what process lethality, F0,  has actually been achieved by yr own current process.

An answer to (a,b)  is provided in this post (may be debatable as to whether applicable to  the raw material TVC you describe - 

http://www.ifsqn.com...d-c/#entry50134

(see section "F0 value)

afaik, the formula assumes a constant sterilization temperature at the slowest heating point in the retort

I have seen some very marginally  higher F0 values mentioned elsewhere, eg -

http://dairy-technol...rilization.html

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users