1 reply to this topic

abrogard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:19 AM

Home made wholemeal bread in our plastic breadbin has taken recently to developing white spots on it which I think are mould.  They get to about 10mm diameter before I throw the bread out.

What would it likely be?

Would it be dangerous?

How can I combat it?  Cleaning the bin well doesn't seem to help.

And we eat tinned mackerel but only a little.  A tin maybe 250 cc gets emptied out into a plastic fridge storage dish and it may be as much as a week before the last of it is eaten.

Mackerel in its own watery juice and sometimes mackerel in tomato sauce.

No one has died or got sick yet but we'd like to confirm this should be okay or shouldn't be.

Lastly we have available a stereo microscope of mayb 40x magnification and a Nikon G mono microscope with lenses to go to 1000x total magnification.

However for non trained people the Nikon is not as useful as we'd hoped it would be.  It turns out the biggest part of microscopy is slide preparation.

What slide preparation techniques could we/should we employ to take and interest and monitor our foods - and educate the children a little at the same time.

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:39 AM

Hi  Abrogard

I have done a brief search on google. It appears that white stuff you are getting on your bread is possibly mould

Chances are that one of the ingredient you use could be the source of it. I suspect that it is coming from  mackerel .

if you are using the mackerel which is out of date or using the same batch of mackerel since experiencing this issue then discard this batch and use the new mackerel

Kind regards

Humaid

MD Halal International Services

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bread mould, canned fish, microscopy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users