• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:51 PM

Hi 

We have had an issue where 2 of our customers have found issues with high TVC and Entro. On our carcass swabs and environment swabs we have not found any pattern so I am under major pressure from my director to get to the issue.

What should I be looking for? and also could this be an issue with our lab

We are a slaughter and beef cutting plant

:spoton:

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

Hi APS

First of all you have ensure that your lab is doing the right job.

I suggest you take nine samples from the  carcass. Give three samples to you lab and send the remaining 6 samples to two high reputed laboratories. Compare the results of all three laboratories. This will sort it out that the issue you may have  with internal testing.

In regard to dealing with customer complaints. Talk to them and find out more about their sampling and testing procedures. Compare their procedures with your. Inform them that you are investigating and if possible tell them when you will be able provide them the summary of your findings to them.

Work closely with your Director so keep him inform and if possible have his/her consent what ever information you send to customers.

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

MD Halal International Services

Australia

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:02 PM

Hi aps,

Personally i would first examine the data to see if it is feasible.

For this you will probably need a microbiologist which i hope you possess.

IMO micro.data of the type you refer is likely to show considerable variation simply on account of sampling / testing factors.

i agree with the previous poster's caveats however if there is a substantial history of good correlation of seller/receiver data, it gives some optimism that the sampling/testing procedures are comparable.

IMEX it is beneficial to establish a timeline of  seller/buyer (hopefully only one) data so as to know the achievable degree of similarity and thereby evaluate whether the complaint is within the usual range of correlation or not. you may be looking for a needle in a haystack.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users