Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

Indian restaurant owner convicted of manslaughter after customer died from allergic reaction to takeaway curry.  This has been going on for a while and the verdict just in.

Read more >>

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,244 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

More details: Peanut allergy death: Restaurant owner Mohammed Zaman jailed for six years for killing customer with curry

Peanut allergy sufferer Paul Wilson expressly asked for 'no nuts' in his meal, but was given a takeaway curry prepared with peanuts
Zaman was found guilty of all charges except perverting course of justice, in a case which is thought to be a legal first and sets a precedent for food suppliers.

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:22 PM

That is scary. I can't imagine living with food allergies (especially to nuts -- because they are in so many foods). One already has to worry about the nuts themselves, and also the oils. I wouldn't even trust refined, bleached, and deodorized nut oils if I had a nut allergy.

It's a shame he had to die from something that just flat out didn't have to happen. It just goes to show that some people really don't understand how serious allergies are. Cutting corners is never worth the risk of hurting or killing someone.

QAGB

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users