• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hi all,

This is first intervention here, :) I would appreciate your advice.

I work in a juice company and I'm having some doubts about our aseptic storage of juice. Our CPP's are filtration and pasteurization, once the juice has been filtrated and pasteurized, it is stored in big aseptic tanks waiting to be loaded in tanktrucks or filled in drums. Despite we control the temperature of the store room and the pressure of the tanks I do not know if we should consider the storage as a ccp. What do you think?

Many many thanks :)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Hi all,

This is first intervention here, :) I would appreciate your advice.

I work in a juice company and I'm having some doubts about our aseptic storage of juice. Our CPP's are filtration and pasteurization, once the juice has been filtrated and pasteurized, it is stored in big aseptic tanks waiting to be loaded in tanktrucks or filled in drums. Despite we control the temperature of the store room and the pressure of the tanks I do not know if we should consider the storage as a ccp. What do you think?

Many many thanks :)

hi Patopod,

What is the hazard which is giving you concern ? Inadequately clean tanks ? Inappropriate storage temperature ? Inefficient temperature control ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Patopod

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

hi Patopod,

What is the hazard which is giving you concern ? Inadequately clean tanks ? Inappropriate storage temperature ? Inefficient temperature control ?

Thanks for replying,

The hazard is micro contamination.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Thanks for replying,

The hazard is micro contamination.

Hi Patopod,

It might relate to the FS Standard involved (if any) but microcontamination in the tank would typically be eliminated by (verified) PRP Cleaning programs so there would be no significant hazard.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,327 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

We use the same type of tanks and do not consider them a step in the process where a significant hazard may incur.  You have two pre-requisite programs in place:

1.  Temperature control (which really isn't a concern for a micro hazard since the product is aseptic)

2.  Pressure control (maintaining the positive pressure in the tank prevents any micro contamination from the environment).

Furthermore, I'm assuming you sterilize the tanks prior to using them?  This is another pre-requisite program you have in place to control the potential hazard.

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

My opinion:

(1)  CCP is a control point where contamination is removed or reduced to acceptable level.

(2)  The storage tanks do not remove or reduce contamination.

(3)  The storage tanks may become contaminated so a procedure must be in place to keep them clean (PRP as mentioned above).

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users