Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

What is the latest or current food safey risk assessment model? Do you have any sample or template?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

What is the latest or current food safey risk assessment model? Do you have any sample or template?

For what ?

Please supply some context/details.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Balong Vergara

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

I am making a HACCP Plan for a food manufacturing industry. Risk assessment is just one to complete the HACCP Plan. I'm looking for a new model if there is, instead of rating as Low, Medium , High. I read some new model with numbers and they just multiply the Severity and Likelihood. 

Guest_Marija @ Safefood360°_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

A definition of ‘Food safety risk’ can be a multiplication of the likelihood and severity of a hazard being present in the food.

A risk evaluation matrix is a common tool used in risk analysis because it helps visualize risks by prioritizing the likelihood and severity of the hazard.

A matrix plots the ranges, and the likelihood and severity on each of the axis lines. An effective risk matrix should be simple and easy to understand with the consistent ranges of likelihood and severity which should cover all potential outcomes including detailed descriptions of their consequences.

In essence, an effective risk matrix should:

- Be simple to interpret and use

- Have clear directions on how it should be used

- Contain consistent likelihood and severity ranges. These should cover all potential scenarios

- Contain detailed descriptions of the consequences for every scenario and clearly defined risks levels (what’s tolerable and intolerable)

I would recommend you to see the attached PDF document ‘Developing a HACCP plan’ where the steps for creating a comprehensive HACCP plan have been described in detail. Under section 6.6. Hazard Assessment, you will find a good example of a Risk Assessment Model.

Attached File  Developing-a-HACCP-Plan.pdf   3.94MB   625 downloads

Also, a manufacturer should risk assess even the non-HACCP items, i.e. cleaning programs, audit, calibration program etc.

Here is a free workbook for Risk Assessing Non-HACCP items which you may find useful: https://safefood360.com/free-resources/tools/

I hope that helps you but let me know if you have any questions.  :smile: 

Edited by Simon, 18 April 2019 - 10:57 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

I suggest you obtain the book "Practical HACCP" by Mortimore et al. It is, IMHO, a superb text and will answer most/all of yr queries.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users