• Quick Navigation
Photo

Does anyone have guidance on testing water from a well?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

qualityfishgirl11

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Hi 

Does anyone have guidance on testing water from a well? I know that there would be a requirement to test for microbes (aerobic bacteria, E.coli/coliform). Are there specific chemical tests done too?

I am trying to satisfy Canada and US regulations. I usually only have to consider municipal water which is much easier to deal with

thanks!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Hi 

Does anyone have guidance on testing water from a well? I know that there would be a requirement to test for microbes (aerobic bacteria, E.coli/coliform). Are there specific chemical tests done too?

I am trying to satisfy Canada and US regulations. I usually only have to consider municipal water which is much easier to deal with

thanks!

Hi QFG,

If you intend to use it in direct, untreated, contact with food, it will need to match the relevant Drinking Water Standards, typically BCP(radiological?)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Caglar

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Iceland
    Iceland

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

You can maybe check this document: "Guidelines for drinking water quality" published by WHO. This document refers to relevant Codex as well such  as Codex standard for natural waters or Bottled waters... You will find some criteria there.

Perhaps it is best to contact NSF since you are in North America: http://www.nsf.org/s...ater-wastewater

Wian

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

As far as i know each country has their own drinking water standard which includes testing various heavy metals, colour, turbidity, microbes etc.  As Charles.C points out that this is "If you intend to use it in direct, untreated, contact with food..."

Also, if used as above, the water should comply with local legislation as well as the country where you export to.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users