• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hi everyone, 

In our food defence program stated the program need to be review annually, i was wondering where should we show that program had been reviewed?  

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Dear Carine,

Maybe it's an idea to put it on your internal audit planning. You will do a verification, look to eventual weak point and it generates a report with CAPAs.

Hopefully this is useful for you.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ehab Nassar

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 147 thanks
Excellent

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

hi Carine ,

I prefer to mention according to which FS standard you are referring , I appreciate to update us , since may be the FS standard ask for more evidences ,any way till that I'll give you a generic answer 

you can show that revision had been done by one of the following ways :  -

official minutes of the meeting for review the plan showing the activities done ,the Gaps if there is and the future action plan to improve the system ,

also if your system contains a validation checklist you can use it as an evidence and the date of completing the checklist is your updating date ,

or you can update the issue of your defense plan e.g. DEF-PL-V 0.1- last update dd.mm.yyyy.

all of this could be used as a good evidence for your auditor generally. 

BR,

Ehab

Thanked by 1 Member:

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

If you are using the FDA Food Defense Plan Builder, it will give you a updated plan that you can print out and show that you reviewed it that year. It also can be a part of your annual HACCP Plan review, and be documented in the same way you document your HACCP Plan. If you review it in a meeting, then the minutes of the meeting could be used to document the review.

The FDA Builder is actually a very good tool, and it is organized in a question and answer format. It produces about 15 pages of a plan, so it is thorough, and can be set up to generate some action items for you. And.....IT'S FREE!!!

https://www.accessda.../fdplanbuilder/

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

ViandGroup

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

Hello Carine,

I suggest a Revision History for the Food Defense Plan.  The Revision History could have column headings such as:  date, name of person making the change and change was.  If no changes are made, you just put annual review, no changes. 

For example:

July 18, 2017      Carine XXX   Annual review, no changes made.

I hope this helps.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users