Jump to content

  • Quick Navigation
- - - - -

BRC for agents and brokers vs traded goods module 8

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Whitney


    Grade - AIFSQN

  • IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 2 thanks

  • United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:55 AM



Please can someone help with the difference between the 2 in the title?


We buy in some things via an agent and they have BRC for agents and brokers but we also buy things in from other suppliers who have the traded goods module. Would anyone be able to explain in what scenario I should be seeing the BRC for agents and brokers and when I should be seeing the traded goods cert? 


Would it be the case that I would see the traded goods cert if a supplier manufacturers products as well as buying some in?


Would it be the case that agents and brokers cert is for suppliers that only buy in?


many thanks in advance





#2 Tony-C


    Grade - FIFSQN

  • IFSQN Fellow
  • 3,182 posts
  • 890 thanks

  • United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Koh Samui
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

Hi Whitney,


Both should be acceptable:

BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 Voluntary Module for Traded Goods
The voluntary modules published alongside the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 have been designed to reduce multiple audits by covering additional specific geographical or customer requirements and auditing them at the same time as the BRC audit.

This module is applicable to food products that would normally fall within the scope of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 but which are not manufactured, further processed or repacked into primary packaging at the site being audited.


This certificate would have the additional voluntary module details near the top:


Attached File  BRC Certificate Template Voluntary.png   138.76KB   3 downloads


For comparison the BRC Agents & Brokers Certificate:


Attached File  BRC Agents & Broker Certificate Template.png   182.16KB   1 downloads


Kind regards,





#3 Madam A. D-tor

Madam A. D-tor

    Grade - PIFSQN

  • IFSQN Principal
  • 615 posts
  • 209 thanks

  • Netherlands
  • Gender:Female
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

Dear Whitney,


It depends on your supplier.

trading is covered (for food) in 3 BRC schemes.


Voluntary module trading is intended for sites that have own production. The products that are covered under the voluntary module are the products that the site is not producing or processing it self. These products are bought, received and without any treatment shipped to you. (separate certificate)


Wholesale module in BRC Storage and Distribution is intended for sites that do not produce or pack them selves, but which has own storage facilities. Products are bought, received, stored and shipped to you (there is no separate certificate so the BRC S&D certificate should have "wholesale" (or words of similar meaning) in the scope of the certificate)


BRC Agents and Brokers This is for traders which do not produce or pack themselves and do not have own storage facilities. Mostly only office location.


Even though BRC Food issue 7 actually only names BRC Broker and Agents to be accepted when buying from agents or brokers (requirement, also trading module and BRC S&D should be accepted if you buying "trading goods". 

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Thanked by 1 Member:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate