Low Risk Operation - SQF Edition 8
11.5.3 and 11.5.4
Wet ice is purchased and added to offal products in our slaughter operation. We test the wet ice for potability and have a letter of guarantee on file from the supplier.
1) Would the wet ice be considered an ingredient or a processing aid?
2) Do we need to maintain traceability on the wet ice?
3) Should we be receiving COA's for each lot of wet ice?
We make dry ice and it is added directly to product to cool it down (examples are offal and hams).
1) Do we need to test the dry ice for potability? How would we go about this?
2) Would the dry ice be considered an ingredient or a processing aid?
Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise.