• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

Hey creative QA folks,

We're using reusable plastic bins to store coffee beans, which have their lot info written on the primary packaging inside.

Here's the thing though, we're going to be adding a second coffee source to our warehouse and I want to have these materials labeled on the outside of the bins so that when we're doing inventory, warehousing, etc. we don't have to open the bins themselves to see who the contents were from.

I don't want to use stickers or tape on the reusable bins since I want to keep them clean and sanitary for reuse, so does anyone else have materials like these that they have a tagging/labeling solution for? I know fruits and vegetables often go into totes. How do you label them with supplier/lot info?

Thank you for your ideas!

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 134 posts
  • 123 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:01 AM

We've used in the past the metal detectable cable ties and a plastic pouch attached to handles and/or a small hole drilled on the lip of the container.  Then the lot information/company information can be written on a card and taken out easily as well.  You can then also use different colored cards for the different supplier if needed.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users