• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

Hello everyone,

I am new in the group and this is the first time I am writing.

I recently started a new project focused on the development of a new device for CIP validation process for dairy and beverage industries.

I have few questions about CIP current practices and I would like to discuss with you?

• Do you know how long the typical production run for this type of products is (milk, yogurt, ice-creams, juices, teas…?
  • What kind of CIP validation tests are usually performed (ATP, micro-tests, others)?
  • How often ATP or micro-tests are performed? On daily bases? For which volume production?
  • What are pros and cons for using ATP or micro-tests?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Irishlass105

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hiya,

I currently work in a pasteurization plant and we just installed new equipment which meant a new CIP system also. I have recently completed all the work and validation for it. I done the following;

Used expert advice from the manufacturing company and what they recommend the CIP system should be set at

Calibrated the build in equipment such as conductivity meter which reads the chemical strength to confirm post chemical rinse stage is effective

Had industry experts who supply our chemical to come on site and test the chemical strength at different stages of the CIP to ensure chemical strength did not dilute throughout the process

Swabs completed on different areas of production equipment to ensure all within specification post CIP

End product tested to ensure all within specification.

Please note that with our old plant we ran a hot sterilization CIP system with no chemical and our new equipment we wanted to switch to cold sterilization with chemical hence all the chemical trials but I hope this might help you.

IL

Thanked by 3 Members:

MaryC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

Hi :)

Thank you so much for your reply and detailed description. That's very useful. 

May I ask you some additional questions?

What kind of swabs do you perform?

How many per day? 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

MM

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I am new in the group and this is the first time I am writing.

I recently started a new project focused on the development of a new device for CIP validation process for dairy and beverage industries.

I have few questions about CIP current practices and I would like to discuss with you?

• Do you know how long the typical production run for this type of products is (milk, yogurt, ice-creams, juices, teas…?
  • What kind of CIP validation tests are usually performed (ATP, micro-tests, others)?
  • How often ATP or micro-tests are performed? On daily bases? For which volume production?
  • What are pros and cons for using ATP or micro-tests?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Maria,

A bit of additional info -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ip/#entry115706

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Irishlass105

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Hi :)

Thank you so much for your reply and detailed description. That's very useful. 

May I ask you some additional questions?

What kind of swabs do you perform?

How many per day? 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

MM

We completed swabs using stick swabs and tested for TVC's, entros, salmonella and bacillus. We completed rapid testing and released product based on clear results. We completed several batches of swabs before our official first production run with our new system.

After this we sent final product to the lab every day for 2 weeks to have enough data to show our CIP was working. Now we are back to environmental swabs once a  month and product samples for mirco testing twice a week.

IL 

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, micro-tests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users