Hi all, thanks for reading my post.
The excitement was huge when our drying room was finally finished, and we loaded it up with wet biomass to dry it. So much, in fact, that the room was unable to keep humidity down. This created the perfect environment for a bacteria get-together, and we now have a full room of food waste with white/transparent colonies (Pseudomonas?).
We are an SME with lacking expertise on the issue at hand. Please bear with me and the following questions, that might be silly:
- How is food waste with bacteria disposed?
- If some trays look OK, will they still need to be discarded?
- Should the drying room be emptied and cleaned before the next round?
Lesson learned: don't run a full-scale production with new equipment.