Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

We finally had our BRC audit last week and walked away with 1 NC. Our auditor said my food safety culture questionnaire, policy and procedure was the best he had seen so far! So happy to help anyone else still struggling if needed.

could you help I have generated a questionnaire and have sent out to staff , I’m now collating the results but I had a pre audit yesterday and the auditor said I need to generate a plan . Could you help ? What do I need to include to state we are reviewing the questionnaire and what plan of actions we are trying to achieve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eatmoreomega3s

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

could you help I have generated a questionnaire and have sent out to staff , I’m now collating the results but I had a pre audit yesterday and the auditor said I need to generate a plan . Could you help ? What do I need to include to state we are reviewing the questionnaire and what plan of actions we are trying to achieve

Ally, we went through our BRC audit in october and our food safety plan was deemed acceptable. 

You need to include "date of initial completion" and "date of survey review" in your plan.

To create a plan this is what we did;

Wrote a purpose/scope.

Created a table of all the "food safety culture" activities we are going to perform. The table has 3 columns; activity, timeline, and review of effectiveness (how we are going to measure effectiveness).

This worked for us. Let me know if you have any questions, or I you need elaboration on anything.

ally1822

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

Ally, we went through our BRC audit in october and our food safety plan was deemed acceptable.

You need to include "date of initial completion" and "date of survey review" in your plan.

To create a plan this is what we did;

Wrote a purpose/scope.

Created a table of all the "food safety culture" activities we are going to perform. The table has 3 columns; activity, timeline, and review of effectiveness (how we are going to measure effectiveness).

This worked for us. Let me know if you have any questions, or I you need elaboration on anything.

Have you got an example of how your table looks ? I’m thinking maybe a 3x3 table . Three activity’s by timescale , review and closure .

eatmoreomega3s

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

Have you got an example of how your table looks ? I’m thinking maybe a 3x3 table . Three activity’s by timescale , review and closure .

We have a simple 3X5 MS word format table. 

What do you mean by closure? My understanding is the food safety culture plan is continuous.

ally1822

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

We have a simple 3X5 MS word format table.

What do you mean by closure? My understanding is the food safety culture plan is continuous.

i meant when you have completed that question and then move into the next question. But continuing yearly with newer questions making more improvements across site .

eatmoreomega3s

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

i meant when you have completed that question and then move into the next question. But continuing yearly with newer questions making more improvements across site .

We are going to score the total average of each employee's answer, and look for improvement over time.

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:30 AM

We are going to score the total average of each employee's answer, and look for improvement over time.

I did a similar thing to this as part of my plan - enter and analyse the results data from 10 questions, select the 3 that received the perceived poorest result, and create defined plans for improvement in each of those areas. The auditor was happy with this. Worth bearing in mind though that this is a relatively new section and one of the 'fluffier' requirements; doing the exact same as someone else whose auditor approved their plan may not necessarily fly with a different auditor.

Swiftee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 70 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

Morning,

Everyone has been asking so I have attached my policy, plan and questionnaire. I have removed my results and plan and any identifying marks. It explains in the plan what we done and what the action plan was at the end.

Attached Files

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:55 AM

We did our plan as part of an A3 problem solving tool.  I also took photographic evidence of all of the activities we did so we could prove to an auditor they were done. 

https://en.wikipedia...problem_solving

I also produced a "sunshine chart" to show our 3 year plan.  Something like this but with different categories on the side and base and year 1, year 2 and year 3 across the top.

cambridge-roadmapping_rob-phaal_template

Thanked by 1 Member:

Raimiigais

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Latvia
    Latvia

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

Edited by Raimiigais, 14 January 2020 - 02:37 PM.

lakmal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 18 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:46 AM

Hi Swiftee,

We are in the packaging industry. Can you please post your Food ( or Product) Safety & Quality Culture Procedure which has been accepted by your auditor so I can use as a guide to develop one for our packaging industry?

Thank you 

Regards

Lakmal 

lakmal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 18 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:52 AM

Hi Swiftee,

Please disregard my earlier request. I found your posting in the Forum. Thank you very much.

Regards

Lakmal

dshapos

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

Attached File  2020 FOOD SAFETY CULTURE QUESTIONNAIRE TEMPLATE.xlsx   246.23KB   504 downloads

Attached File  2020 Response Tracking Sample.xlsx   254.01KB   510 downloads

Hi All,

This is a very hot topic.  Last year I read the white paper by GFSI on what they felt determined the components of a robust food safety culture.  From that I wrote a questionnaire, tweaked a little for supervisors/managers vs. hourly employees.  It's in a spreadsheet to make it easier to quantify.  What I do is add the responses to each question then turn that into a % of total answers for each question.  From that, you can get a bar graph for each set of questions (I'll attach a small sample of a finished, tabulated one).  

Last year was the first year we did it.  We took the results and had a senior management meeting to review the results and make a plan on what area we wanted to focus on and how we thought we should go about doing it.  

We sent the same survey out again this January.  Once we had all the responses in and tabulated (quite a job!), we compared them to last year.  That let us see how well we did with our plan for improving our food safety culture culture for 2019.  It also helped us focus our efforts for this year, and we are now going to have benchmark quarterly reviews (at one of our monthly manager meetings at the quarters) to see how we're doing. 

The blank template is attached, along with a sample of a tabulated section of results...  Hope this helps.

QM-OS

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 103 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Sweden
    Sweden

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:31 PM

...and we are now going to have benchmark quarterly reviews (at one of our monthly manager meetings at the quarters) to see how we're doing. 

How are you going to do the quarterly reviews? 

Mohamed2710

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:20 PM

thank you 

MARIA231232312

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Andorra
    Andorra

Posted 05 March 2020 - 11:24 AM

Anyone have a example of a policy  and questionnaire for clause 1.1.2 Food Safety Culture?

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:24 PM

Anyone have a example of a policy  and questionnaire for clause 1.1.2 Food Safety Culture?

See post #58 of this thread, and #6 of the below:

https://www.ifsqn.co...safety-culture/

If you have a question please just post on the most relevant thread rather than pasting the same post to multiple threads.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Vmaldonado

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:22 PM

We finally had our BRC audit last week and walked away with 1 NC. Our auditor said my food safety culture questionnaire, policy and procedure was the best he had seen so far! So happy to help anyone else still struggling if needed.

Hi Swiftee, 

Can you share the policy and procedure template you used. I plan on creating a food safety and quality culture program to cover a 5 year period. So far we are in the developmental stages performing questionnaires and employee volunteered meetings. 

My program includes a developmental phase, implementation of changes with timelines, and improvement assessment. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:25 PM

Hi Swiftee, 

Can you share the policy and procedure template you used. I plan on creating a food safety and quality culture program to cover a 5 year period. So far we are in the developmental stages performing questionnaires and employee volunteered meetings. 

My program includes a developmental phase, implementation of changes with timelines, and improvement assessment. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Post 58 ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

stolpje

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:56 PM

We plan to put in a Suggestion Box--for starters--on this new clause.

Hello!

Our site did this, as starters, and we ended up getting a major on our audit! They were not satisfied with only the suggestion box. Just wanted to share! 

Tresa

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 115 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:44 PM

Hi Swiftee,

Great work, I would appreciate it if you could share your procedure or Questionnaire by any chance? 

Swiftee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 70 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:56 PM

Hi Swiftee,

Great work, I would appreciate it if you could share your procedure or Questionnaire by any chance? 

Post #58 in this thread

gabrieladanielapistea

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Romania
    Romania

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:49 AM

please share it, if possible

Ildiko

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:26 PM

Hi,

I would like to see your Food Safety Policy and Procedure if it is still possible? I do have a questionnaire.

Thank you 

Ildiko

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:10 PM

Hi,

I would like to see your Food Safety Policy and Procedure if it is still possible? I do have a questionnaire.

Thank you 

Ildiko

>>>>> Post 72 ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users