Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

Hi everyone. Anyone here who's familiar with Threat Assessment and Critical Control Point? Let me just ask you a favor of helping me out formulate a TACCP for our company. I just don't have any idea about it and those article that can be found at Google were to deep for me to understand clearly. Thank you in advance for those who will respond on this. God bless!

Edited by Simon, 10 January 2019 - 10:01 AM.
Removed email address

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

This is a topic that you'll need to get some understanding of, even if just to fill in one of the various templates available.

From memory the FDA's Food Defence Plan Builder guides you through the process in stages - this is free software that you can download from:

https://www.fda.gov/...s/ucm349888.htm

There is also some general information from the US at: https://www.fsis.usd...unctional-plans

The UK's PAS96:2017 standard is also a useful reference although takes a slightly different approach to the FDA. It does explain the relevant concepts so is definitely worth reading if this is a new area you're trying to learn more about: https://www.food.gov...t/pas962017.pdf

If you're looking for a consultant or similar to provide direct personalised assistance then you may need to let us know which country your site is based in so that people can provide recommendations.

Edit: There is also loads of stuff in the Food Defence & Security section of the forum - for example: https://www.ifsqn.co...mplate-required

Edited by pHruit, 10 January 2019 - 11:03 AM.

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Threat assessment usually deals with anything external that could impact your process:  employee sabotage, terrorist activity, severe weather, etc.  Critical Control deals with the steps in your process where you are removing or reducing contamination that would normally occur in your raw materials.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

TACCP is perhaps a UK (Europe?)-centric intentional misappropriation of the HACCP terminology, so under this approach the "CCPs" would be the critical points in terms of food (and potentially broader business) defence activities, rather than the normal Codex HACCP sense.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

Hi everyone. Anyone here who's familiar with Threat Assessment and Critical Control Point? Let me just ask you a favor of helping me out formulate a TACCP for our company. I just don't have any idea about it and those article that can be found at Google were to deep for me to understand clearly. Thank you in advance for those who will respond on this. God bless!

Hi hannah,

You need to add context, eg a who is the request from/for ?

Otherwise the answers may well be irrelevant.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users