• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:05 AM

Hi!

Can anyone help me? I'm searching for simple materials for Food Defense Awareness Training in our facility.

Hope someone could help.

Thank you!

Edited by Jambido, 15 July 2019 - 12:06 AM.

AHJ

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:28 AM

Here's what we used for introducing Food Defense to our employees. 

Attached Files

Edited by AHJ, 15 July 2019 - 08:29 AM.

Thanked by 3 Members:

Jambido

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:31 AM

Thank you so much!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:46 PM

Hi AHU,

Food fraud is a collective term used to encompass the deliberate and intentional substitution, addition, tampering, or misrepresentation of food, food ingredients, or food packaging; typically for economic gain or malicious intent

I liked the compactness of yr attachment however it seems to imply that the Food Fraud (Main) Program includes Food Defense as a sub-segment (ie malicious intent).

Is this the FDA's current interpretation ? (this is different to GFSI afaik).

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:21 PM

Hi AHU,

I liked the compactness of yr attachment however it seems to imply that the Food Fraud (Main) Program includes Food Defense as a sub-segment (ie malicious intent).

Is this the FDA's current interpretation ? (this is different to GFSI afaik).

I agree! It just mixing the two together. If someone who had no clue of either saw this they would be confused and would not be able to distinguish the two as they are different from each other. 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

This is a good one from the FDA:

https://www.accessda...pts/FDTraining/

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

AHJ

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

SQF groups the two of them together, Section 2.7 Food Fraud and Food Defense. We simply explained what food fraud was to our employees since they had not previously heard of the topic. Then explained what programs we have in place to address each topic. 

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:37 PM

SQF groups the two of them together, Section 2.7 Food Fraud and Food Defense. We simply explained what food fraud was to our employees since they had not previously heard of the topic. Then explained what programs we have in place to address each topic. 

For a front line employee I understand this is the best way to explain it to them, I can see where you are coming from. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

The criticism is that the Primary Training Definition of Food Fraud is incorrect with respect to GFSI.  For FDA I have no idea if same error ? 

Whether an SQF Auditor will care that employees know about GFSI (or FDA) is a different question. Maybe not. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

Where I work we had the local polic department come in and audit for any unprotected entrances.  The concern may have been focused on a shooter in the plant but it does apply to food defense for any unauthorized person planning on sabotage.

The other part would focus on what internal sabotage (disgruntled employees) could do to contaminate your product.  No one likes to be a snitch but everyone suffers if the customer receives contaminated material.

Anyone reporting someone intentionally sabotaging equipment or product should be kept anonymous as much as possible.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users