• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:11 PM

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some insight on what should be in a Customer Focus and Communication SOP. We don't really have a procedure in place already, so it has been difficult to see what is actually done in the company. I work in a food processing company, mainly ready-to-eat powders such as coffee, creamers, shake mixes etc. We mainly sell our products online and most customer service is done online. 

What main points should I include? Any templates are welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:29 AM

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some insight on what should be in a Customer Focus and Communication SOP. We don't really have a procedure in place already, so it has been difficult to see what is actually done in the company. I work in a food processing company, mainly ready-to-eat powders such as coffee, creamers, shake mixes etc. We mainly sell our products online and most customer service is done online. 

What main points should I include? Any templates are welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

Is there a particular FS Standard involved ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

The BRC Issue 8 has removed Clause 3.12 (3.12.1 and 3.12.2) because "as it is particularly difficult to audit (relies on auditors knowing all the customers and their specific policies)."

My auditor said that the only really important thing about Customer Communication is that only employees who have been trained in customer communications (and have training records to that effect) and listed in the SOP as authorized to communicate with customers, should be communicating with customers. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

beautiophile

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 80 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:27 AM

There's always the case of limit of experts. Nobody has adequate knowledge or perspective to perfectly audit a several-domain system; e.g. technique, experience, practice, sale, strategy, market. That's why ISO standards for auditing recommend technical experts to attend auditing works. But, IME, most CBs seem to omit this.

The BRC Issue 8 has removed Clause 3.12 (3.12.1 and 3.12.2) because "as it is particularly difficult to audit (relies on auditors knowing all the customers and their specific policies)."

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Customer Focus, SOP, Communication, Customer Service, Customer, Service, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users