• Quick Navigation
Photo

Seeking information about bottling hand sanitizer?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

rose32

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:35 PM

Good Morning everybody, 

I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy in these unprecedented times. I am the SQF Practitioner at a spring water bottling plant in Alberta. We are looking into the possibility of bottling hand sanitizer with one of our production lines that is not currently being used because of the Covid-19 situation (alot of our customers are the major airlines). I am seeking any information from companies that already produce or bottle hand sanitizer to see what module it falls under, as well as what safety requirements there are in terms of keeping our staff safe, handling 80% ethanol sanitizer and the storage of both the raw product as well as finished product and transportation. Thanks for any info that you guys have! :-) 

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

Hand sanitizer will not fall under an SQF module because it isn't a food. Not sure who you need to talk to in Canada but in US it's regulated as a drug as it's intent is to cure or prevent disease.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users