Would would not be able to move it to another facility, thus you would need to go thru a new BRC audit at the alternate facility.
The way it works is normally like this -
1. You inform your CB of the situation and your CB will "suspend" your current BRC cert.
2. You apply for a new BRC audit/new certification at the alternate facility
3. Contact your customers that require notification concerning your certification and tell them what you are doing.
4. Your customers may ask for a standard 3rd party audit be done at the alternate facility as it may take a couple of months to get a certificate at the facility and this way you satisfy the "bridge."
5. Inform your CB of your expected date to be back into your renovated (after the earthquake, fire, etc.) building and ask them to come and do an inspection to reinstate your "suspended" certification.
Glenn Oster Consulting / 800-793-7092 / Serving the America's
SQF, BRC, IFS, FSSC System Development & Implementation Consultants
We serve Small-to-Mid-Size Food & Food Related Businesses
Internal Auditor & PCQI Training|Weekly eConsultant|FoodSafeSQF|Remote GAP
Our TIME has Value - Does Yours? Learn more in today's GOC Blog...