• 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Safety Systems & Quality
    Art, Music and Beach Therapy

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:38 PM

Hello All, 

I am interested in cleaning verification swabs for Covid 19/ Coronavirus/ Sars-CoV-2. Similar to ATP or 3m.

We recently had three high level managers test positive and we need do our best in designing a program that protects our employees, visitors and customers. Verification/ validation is key to monitor the effectiveness of the program. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :helpplease:  

Edited by SafetyP, 24 June 2020 - 03:39 PM.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,320 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:14 PM

I would go the route of auditing and inspecting.  I don't know of any quick swabs you can do to give you a verification the surface is "COVID" free.

Rather, train your personnel conducting the sanitation well and then audit them frequently.  This method has worked for us.  We have persons who are solely responsible in disinfecting common touch surfaces throughout the facility.  In their training the importance of their job is stressed and how they help to protect the safety of everyone at the facility.

The biggest challenge is making sure personnel do not become lax in their duties.  But, I think given the heightened response of the increase in positive COVID cases people are staying sharp; at least the personnel we have.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Covid, coronavirus, Verification, swbbing, cleaning, NSF, FDA, Cleaning verification, Covid 19, Sars-Cov-2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users