• Quick Navigation
Photo

SOPs based only on CCPs - has anyone heard of this?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SQFTIRED

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:50 PM

Hello, 

I am currently working in the Hemp industry at a new company and their approach to Standard Operating Procedures is to only have them for their processes that contain a CCP. They have stretched the definition for CCP to include something they call a Quality CCP as well. They want to have standalone work instructions for everything else.  Additionally they want forms to be associated with SOPs or stand alone, however, not to be associated with work instructions.  I feel that this is very confusing as it is hard to follow the process in the documentation and there are gaps for important processes because they don't contain a CCP and it is difficult to include process in a work instruction.  Any thoughts? ideas? help?

Thanks

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,666 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

Looks like a full revamp is needed.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:08 PM

What regulatory framework and/or certifications does the facility have or is seeking?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:49 PM

Hello, 

I am currently working in the Hemp industry at a new company and their approach to Standard Operating Procedures is to only have them for their processes that contain a CCP. They have stretched the definition for CCP to include something they call a Quality CCP as well. They want to have standalone work instructions for everything else.  Additionally they want forms to be associated with SOPs or stand alone, however, not to be associated with work instructions.  I feel that this is very confusing as it is hard to follow the process in the documentation and there are gaps for important processes because they don't contain a CCP and it is difficult to include process in a work instruction.  Any thoughts? ideas? help?

Thanks

One wonders what the original justification for these curious manouevres was ? Minimise paperwork ?

As per Post 3, is the facility CFIA-approved ??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SQFTIRED

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

The facility is Health Canada approved and is moving towards being GACP certified by the end of the year and then looking towards having some sort of GFSI certification within the next year.  

I'm not sure why they chose this approach, I think they feel that is how it is addressed in the GACP guidelines, however I can't seem to see that anywhere  I would like to do a full revamp.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users