• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:35 PM

Hi all, 

We are a small bakery (2 packing lines), but we have a lot of products. We have finished product specs (which could be communicated to customer), QAS (on factory floor for product quality), bread cards (with recipes, calculated nutritional values, mixing times etc not communicated to anyone), traceability documentation (which state all ingredients going to the mix). 

Now, because i kind of have 4 documents, which describe one product, I wonder what are the solutions on your sites to minimise the number of sheets? How do you manage it?  

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:44 PM

Hi leatcookies, why don't add ingredients to the fin. prod. specs? This way, you'd get rid of the doc stating ingredients. 

Ieatcookies

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

Hi leatcookies, why don't add ingredients to the fin. prod. specs? This way, you'd get rid of the doc stating ingredients. 

Ingredients are stated for production (like recipe), do you mean give full spec of the product to production?

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

No, I meant combining your "finished product specs (which could be communicated to customer)" with "traceability documentation (which state all ingredients going to the mix)" If I understood you incorrectly, a bit more details of your doc's would help:)

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:42 PM

Hi all, 

We are a small bakery (2 packing lines), but we have a lot of products. We have finished product specs (which could be communicated to customer), QAS (on factory floor for product quality), bread cards (with recipes, calculated nutritional values, mixing times etc not communicated to anyone), traceability documentation (which state all ingredients going to the mix). 

Now, because i kind of have 4 documents, which describe one product, I wonder what are the solutions on your sites to minimise the number of sheets? How do you manage it?  

Depends on how automated your existing systems are. If these documents are sharing various common data, I'd have the actual data itself (numbers, ingredients etc) in a carefully controlled spreadsheet, and simply use Excel or Word templates to issue the individual spec/QAS/traceability/recipe info by pulling it from this one central controlled point using formulae to link sheets and/or e.g. Mail Merge .
It possibly doesn't matter that you have four different documents if they're all serving a purpose, but it's much easier to control the data in them and make sure they all agree with each other if the data all live in one place ;)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users