Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:02 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for some examples of HACCP plans for baked goods. Specifically, cakes, french pastries, and/or baked goods. Please note that all products are being sold to catering companies and will consumed immediately. 

I originally modeled my plan after this helpful link I found online: https://www2.gov.bc....sponge_cake.pdf   however, I was told that it wasn't good enough and I needed to make changes. Any helpful links or attachments would be greatly appreciated! 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:33 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for some examples of HACCP plans for baked goods. Specifically, cakes, french pastries, and/or baked goods. Please note that all products are being sold to catering companies and will consumed immediately. 

I originally modeled my plan after this helpful link I found online: https://www2.gov.bc....sponge_cake.pdf    however, I was told that it wasn't good enough and I needed to make changes. Any helpful links or attachments would be greatly appreciated! 

The example lacks a hazard analysis. Was that the criticism of yr own plan or  ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Padfoot

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 97 posts
  • 6 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

I work in a bakery as well, did they not tell you why it wasn't good enough? 

tahoeskier

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:00 PM

have you taken the PCQI course?  The plan you attached is only a snapshot of what is required.  You are missing ingredient and process hazard analysis, allergen controls, sanitation and supply chain.

I've attached a template from the course.

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users