Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:47 AM

Hi, I work for a printers in the UK and have a BRC audit in December. Some of our HARM team needs HACCP training and refresher training. Does anyone know of any online / e learning courses available for this. I have done some googling and the courses all seem to be more for the Food industry. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:28 AM

Hi

I work for a printers in the UK and have a BRC audit in December.

Some of our HARM team needs HACCP training and refresher training. 

Does anyone know of any online / e learning courses available for this.

I have done some googling and the courses all seem to be more for the Food industry.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Must be free ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

robsip66

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:37 AM

No, they don't need to be free.

I am more concerned with relevance and passing scrutiny from an auditor.

Theres no point doing a food based one thats cheap if the BRC auditor will just reject it.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:58 AM

Theres no point doing a food based one thats cheap if the BRC auditor will just reject it.

Just to be clear (and reallocate the Forum), this is for BRC Packaging ?

Assuming this is a first audit, are you aware that CBs  offer  "trial" audits ? IMEX (food) highly recommended.

afaik this Forum's Management offers on-line courses in aspects of BRC Standard areas, eg hygiene,  but I am unsure whether extends to Packaging. The "STORE" entry in top menu may advise.

PS - I suppose HARM was particularly "developed" for non-food. Very cute.

Edited by Charles.C, 15 October 2020 - 10:03 AM.
added

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

robsip66

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:15 AM

Yes its for a BRC Audit.

This isn,t our first audit here, but the HARM team has changed and have had no formal training in HACCP and as team leader I have not had any HACCP training for about 5 years now and i guess i should have a refresher.

Edited by robsip66, 15 October 2020 - 10:16 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:52 AM

Yes its for a BRC Audit.

This isn,t our first audit here, but the HARM team has changed and have had no formal training in HACCP and as team leader I have not had any HACCP training for about 5 years now and i guess i should have a refresher.

Hi robsip,

OK, thks for info.

As you can see from "STORE" some Standalone Packaging/Training "courses" exist. Depends on yr particular areas of interest.

I presume you already possess the BRC Packaging Interpretation Guidelines if BRC certified.

I noted that the e-consultancy tab seems to include Packaging in its menu. If interested (or for more general details), can use the "contact" link in the tab (or top menu) to discuss with the Admin, Simon, who is a Packaging "Person" (yr direct internal pm system requires a posting history so will not yet be active).

You are correct that majority Posts here are for Food however there are several regular Packaging Posters here also so I daresay some responses to yr main query will be forthcoming.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:49 PM

robsip66, Food packaging manufacturer here also, (paperboard). Interestingly enough, today is the annual PRP, GMP and HACCP training for our entire organization!

I also perform this training for all new SQF Team members. I have been trained in Implementing the SQF System and Internal Auditor Training (as well as various other training) and am therefore qualified to perform the training for others in our organization. Refreshers could or actually should be done by you as your  PRP, GMP and HACCP plans are specific to your operations and circumstances. Outside training will be very generic and, quite frankly, confusing as they will likely be very food focused and cover many areas that do not pertain to your operations. Refresher training for you, to my knowledge, is not required YET, although probably will be in some future codes, but isn't a bad idea if you are unclear on any portions of these plans.

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:10 AM

Funny is that, IMEX, auditors are usually people graduated from biology or food domains, meanwhile the packaging manufacturing is mostly chemical or mechanical processes. They may have some knowledge (witnesses) of such processes but rarely expertise. Hence, they tend to stick to what they feel familiar. Showing HACCP training records easily pleases them.

A trainer came to my company (we make pouches) giving a HACCP course and only talked about decision trees and cooking. I had to keep my laugh in my stomach. But our auditor immediately accepted once he saw the attending records of that course.

Edited by beautiophile, 16 October 2020 - 01:13 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:44 AM

Yes its for a BRC Audit.

Hi robsip,

Maybe you have investigated already(?) but in addition my earlier comments I note that BRC claim to offer online Training -

https://www.brcgs.com/training/

and other Packaging offline options.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2020 - 06:35 PM

You are unlikely to find one that focuses on printing. Does it have to be online?

robsip66

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:42 AM

Yes, we would prefer it to be online, as it would allow people to do the course from home.

Skyhaze

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:23 PM

I work for a paperboard packaging manufacturer in the UK and we did the BRC HACCP course in January of this year. Although the trainer's background was in food, because it was in-house rather than public the training was as tailored as possible to packaging and it was a very good course that I would highly recommend. I'm not sure if they do the in-house course online but it might be worth an ask. The only thing is that the exam is food based so there was a bit of additional work for those of us that did the exam (just myself as the team leader and the deputy) but I didn't find the exam to be a problem.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

I work for a paperboard packaging manufacturer in the UK and we did the BRC HACCP course in January of this year. Although the trainer's background was in food, because it was in-house rather than public the training was as tailored as possible to packaging and it was a very good course that I would highly recommend. I'm not sure if they do the in-house course online but it might be worth an ask. The only thing is that the exam is food based so there was a bit of additional work for those of us that did the exam (just myself as the team leader and the deputy) but I didn't find the exam to be a problem.

Thks for input.

Also see Post 9.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users