• Quick Navigation
Photo

Should I include process control (CP) in the HACCP Plan ?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Sophie Ranger

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:07 PM

Hello, I recently low grade our metal detector to a process control base on risk and history and it was accepted during the SQF audit. Should I include it in the Flow chart ? If yes, what about our check weighing system ? Our certification buddy agreed that the metal detector is not a process step, but a process control and told us that it should be included in the bagging step. Thank you.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:25 PM

They absolutely should be included weather you have them as a CCP or a PC--still an important step in your process

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:34 PM

Hello,

I recently low grade our metal detector to a process control base on risk and history and it was accepted during the SQF audit. Should I include it in the Flow chart ? If yes, what about our check weighing system ? Our certification buddy agreed that the metal detector is not a process step, but a process control and told us that it should be included in the bagging step.

Thank you.

Hi Sophie,

I deduce the flowchart is for haccp.

How can the implementation of a metal detector not be a process step ?

It is also unlikely to be a (mere) CP  ??

IIRC SQF is one of the few FS Standards which expects (but nowhere requests ?) "CP"s to be identified on a HACCP flowchart. Just another SQF quirk.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:11 PM

Charles---the last 3 facilities I have worked at metal detection was only a PC----as it does NOT stop product from being shipped if it fails like a time/temp kill step would 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 January 2021 - 02:14 PM

Charles---the last 3 facilities I have worked at metal detection was only a PC----as it does NOT stop product from being shipped if it fails like a time/temp kill step would 

So much for Codex's labourings to develop their ingenious Tree. FDA Schemantics ?

Regardless, in the (English) Literature I agree you can find MDs designated as CCPs, OPRPs, PRPs, CPs, PCs however  I am a traditionalist.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 05 January 2021 - 02:27 PM

Oh Charles lol you know the FDA never followed Codex---the horror someone came up with something before the good ole us of a did!

There is good reason why the recalls/capita are so much higher in the USA than any other developed nation---- I digress

If the metal detection is set up correctly and still requires deviation procedures to be followed then it matters not me thinks

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users