Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:34 PM

Hi all, I started to work deeply with migration certificates and Doc production. My suppliers sent me migration information but most of them doesn't send me "maximum residual level". I don't have any clue to calculate it from the data that I received but I saw that other person made the compliance by calculation using this "maximum residual level". Does somebody knows how to calculate it? Thanks!!!!

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:47 PM

I'm not aware of a calculation-based method for this - someone in the packaging sector may contradict me (happy to learn if so!), but IIRC, Reg (EU) 10/2011 stipulates a testing requirement for verifying compliance with SMLs.(See Annex V of that reg).

If you're buying packaging then I'd ask your supplier to confirm how the data they're providing demonstrates compliance with the relevant elements of this regulation, and others as applicable.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:56 PM

Hi all, I started to work deeply with migration certificates and Doc production. My suppliers sent me migration information but most of them doesn't send me "maximum residual level". I don't have any clue to calculate it from the data that I received but I saw that other person made the compliance by calculation using this "maximum residual level". Does somebody knows how to calculate it? Thanks!!!!

What is SML ??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

MariaGUK

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:31 AM

Specific Migration Level

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:42 AM

Specific Migration Level

hi Maria,

Ahh, thks, I remember now.

IIRC yr question came up on the Forum some time back if you don't mind a little searching.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Polin

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:25 AM

Hello from Greece!!

i also saw people in the packaging industry made theoritical migration of the substances with the assumption that the substance migrate 100%. It would be very useful if someone could publish an example (pet+inks+adhesive+pe=sml theoritical?). 

thank you in advance 

:-)

Polin

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users