Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:41 PM

Does anyone have a template for trending their micro swabs? I do food contact/non food contact surfaces and I have 4 zones. Would I trend by zones? Anything would be helpful! Thanks! :) 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:18 PM

Does anyone have a template for trending their micro swabs?

I do food contact/non food contact surfaces and I have 4 zones. 

Would I trend by zones?

Anything would be helpful! 

Thanks! :) 

HI Kristin,

Well, trending zero tolerant pathogens should be easy.

Next requires targets for the remainder.

eg the pinned thread in food microbiology forum

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kristinmaxx

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:13 PM

Charles, 

I've seen your post and its really helpful. I am trying to figure out how to take the data that I have and put it in graph form. I am looking for any type of example of that. 

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 507 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:24 PM

I don't do a graph.   I track all my data in an excel sheet, then enter it into an auto cad program where I drew a map of the entire facility.   I only track zones 2-4 which are quarterly.   Zone 1 is ATP, done weekly, and the amount of data would overwhelm the map after doing this for the last 13 years.   I almost never get a bad swab in zone 1, and if I do, we handle it immediately with a reclean and reswab so that we can run, so it's rather moot to track trending on that anyway.   My inspector agreed.  The last two auditors have actually told me I have enough data at this point I can tone down my weekly zone 1 tests, but I haven't yet.

But the cad map for the rest is really great.   The inspector can see exactly where/what I swabbed on which date, green for passing, and red for not.  They can then cross reference to my book for easy result tracking.   It was actually suggested to me by a past auditor, and it worked out great.   Other auditors have like it since.

Thanked by 2 Members:

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,054 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:03 PM

We do something similar to MDaleDDF. All my data is tracked through excel. I have different tabs for pos. and neg. listeria, salmonella, and product sampling.

Attached is how it is set up. Note - this is just the first few lines. The excel document has many lines.

I then map out the positives and negatives for listeria on a facility map we have using the paint program. The positive results are in red and negative in green.

This doesn't include ATP testing and only zones 1-3.

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:57 PM

We use Excel as well to track and trend our sampling and results only we set ours up calendar style so it makes it's own sort of graph.  I have attached a template, just so you can see another option.  We input "0" for negatives and a "1" if positive (did input a 1 for you to see in the example).  Using formulas we can see how many times an area has been tested, what the positive percentage is and if an area needs to be targeted because it was not randomly chosen during the last quarter or for follow up corrective action swabs. You could graph the number of times sampled or percentages if you really want a graph of some sort.

We do several samples per day so we only map if we should get a positive.  I think a CAD program would be easiest for mapping but our maps are actually in PowePoint  and we plot the original positve and any areas sampled during the investigation.  Red dot for positive and green dot for negative, just like kfromNE suggested.

Thanked by 3 Members:

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 May 2021 - 04:35 PM

Attached File  Env Results Example.xlsx   156.2KB   90 downloads  Sorry - Attachment was not attached.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users