• Quick Navigation
Photo

Canadian regulations on the resale of moldy product to a salvage company

Share this

Best Answer , 13 May 2021 - 06:38 PM

Which salvage company???  If you're talking about Rothsay (for rendering)----i would say go for it,  if its a company that makes anti freeze for roads, go for it (i know they use sugar beets for this)

If you're talking about a company that want to try and process and sell it back at retail to people---nope wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole

There's a reason CFIA asks that products get denatured----it's so that desperate people don't become very ill from eating food not fit for consumption. Ultimately, your company is still liable

HOWEVER you can probably find a pet food company ( i can think of 3 off the top of my head)  that you could safely (if its mycotoxin free) sell it to  

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

STanQA86

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:22 PM

Hi members, our company recently received a full containers of moldy root vegetables. We do not feel safe releasing the product to the public. However, we are approached by multiple salvage company who are interested in purchasing the moldy product. We locate in Canada which has similar regulations compared to the US. Is there any regulations against the re-sell of unsafe product to salvage company? We don't know what they plan to do with the product. We have not conducted mycotoxin residue test to find out if the product contains higher than acceptable range of mycotoxin. Any advice? Thank you!! 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:38 PM   Best Answer

Which salvage company???  If you're talking about Rothsay (for rendering)----i would say go for it,  if its a company that makes anti freeze for roads, go for it (i know they use sugar beets for this)

If you're talking about a company that want to try and process and sell it back at retail to people---nope wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole

There's a reason CFIA asks that products get denatured----it's so that desperate people don't become very ill from eating food not fit for consumption. Ultimately, your company is still liable

HOWEVER you can probably find a pet food company ( i can think of 3 off the top of my head)  that you could safely (if its mycotoxin free) sell it to  

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

STanQA86

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:01 PM

Thank you so much! This helps a lot. The part you talked about anti-freeze is pretty interesting! 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users