• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is an Ocular Cleansing Station required?

Share this

Best Answer , 20 July 2021 - 03:50 PM

Hi Graham; That's more for H&S, not HACCP - but you'll definitely need it if you use chemicals at your facility.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Gshurtleff

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:39 PM

Hello all, I am new Quality Manager, the position being newly created, at a small honey company. I am in the process of building a HACCP plan for SQF Certification. I am unable to determine if an eye rinsing station is required. I am fairly confident that I do need one. I am attempting to confirm. Thank you so much for all of the past help. With not having someone who knows HACCP backward and forward, I find myself reaching in the dark a lot. the help that has been provided has improved things for me immensely. Sincerely, Graham

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:50 PM   Best Answer

Hi Graham; That's more for H&S, not HACCP - but you'll definitely need it if you use chemicals at your facility.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:03 AM

I'd have a quick look at the MSDS sheets for your cleaning chemicals if you want to be sure, but otherwise I'd entirely agree with olenazh - not really a HACCP / food safety consideration, but almost certain to be required for health & safety purposes.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users