• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 3 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Travelling

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:21 PM

Can anybody please share the general practice of using signs like 'No trespassing'  or  Video surveillance in use'  in food defense program? My team concerns that  posting this signage  around the building doors will add unnecessary attention to the building.

We are located in an industrial park with several other warehouses, bakery, offices located side by side to us. We have a shared parking space and do not have any fences or  external gates. There are multiple doors around the different faces of building walls with no signage posted anywhere. The only signage used is a tiny hoarding board with company name at the employee entrance door. The rest of the doors are locked at all times and cannot be opened from outside. 

Should we look into adding this signs around the building or just leave as it is?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sam

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:47 PM

I would leave everything as it is. Most important is that you DO have surveillance cameras as part of your food defense program.

Sam D

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 3 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Travelling

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:53 PM

Thank you Olenazh.

Do we need to have surveillance camera all around the building?  Can we limit having camera to the walls with doors that are only used by us. Most of the doors we have are unusued and cannot be opened from outside.  We have camera in the employee entrance door and the shipping loading dock as of now.

Thank you.

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:09 PM

That's up to you - if you feel confident your premises are safe under given circumstances. We don't also have cameras by the unused doors, which cannot be opened from outside. Has been working fine so far.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users