Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 44 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• Serbia
    Serbia

Posted 22 October 2021 - 11:33 AM

We have organised one webinar together with the ENFIT organisation - international association for safety in supply chain (https://enfit.eu/), and we talked about food safety in supply chain - https://youtu.be/rPpQx6IWfn0

Attached File  2021_10_14_ ENFIT_Supply Chain-Training_EN.pdf   7.4MB   13 downloads

One important question from participants was asked - how menu cases of food safety issues are there that are connected with the transport?

Actually when I think about it, we always connect the issues with the loader/producer but not with the transport, and there are so many potential root causes connected with the transport, from hygiene to the allergen cross contamination and food defense. 

Please share with me food safety issues that you had connected with transport. I would really like to discuss about it. 

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 October 2021 - 03:58 PM

We had a customer complaint that our product (50lb bags, approx 49 per pallet) were arriving to our customer disorganized, with ripped bags, and generally dirty. Turns out that the transportation company the customer was using (customer paid and arranged for transport) was offloading, breaking down (for easier storage?) and then repalletizing the product. So basically, they would toss our goods into a warehouse overnight (or for a couple days), and then reload them on pallets later. I'm guessing they didn't have a means to move pallets? Who knows..

The way we busted them was we use a red colored stretch wrap, it kept showing up at the customers dock in clear.

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 507 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:06 PM

We've had lots of issues with quality after shipping, but not safety.   We did receive an inbound truck once that smelled like a terrible chemical of some sort, and refused the load of course, but didn't make it far enough to be a food safety issue for us.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food supply chain, food transport, transport tank, IBC containers, transport cleaning stations, enfit, food safety in supply chain, cleaning of transport, control of loading and unload, supplier of transport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users