Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:11 AM

We had just installed a UV sterilizer for incoming water with a UV intensity monitor sensor and would like to set a specification for minimum mJ/cm2 as an indicator if the system or light fail for maintenance or changing light tube. However it was rather confusing, anyone have a limit or supporting document such as literature to be shared?

Edited by unba709, 27 January 2022 - 07:12 AM.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:06 PM

What does the manufacturer suggest?  Usually they have science to back up the # of hours each bulb is effective for

For example, we have UV in our process, and they will be changed every 4000 hours of operations, as per the manual, which was provided along with the study proving efficacy

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

unba709

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 07 February 2022 - 02:02 AM

What does the manufacturer suggest?  Usually they have science to back up the # of hours each bulb is effective for

For example, we have UV in our process, and they will be changed every 4000 hours of operations, as per the manual, which was provided along with the study proving efficacy

They suggest us to change every 9000 hours which equivalent to yearly basis based on experience. 

I wonder if there's any study that support reading of UV intensity where I can monitor the efficiency from there?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 February 2022 - 01:55 PM

put this into your web browser

uv light water treatment google scholar

tons of papers and research available...........people have been using UV on drinking water for a long time so you shouldn't have any issues building your plan

Step 1, may be to reach out directly to the equipment manufacturer...........they should be able to help 

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users