Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 March 2022 - 01:04 PM

Has anyone had any experience using this Versus just sending APC/Coliform swabs to a 3rd party? I'd like to know the cost difference and how reliable the results from the MicroSnap is.

Thank you!

forrest

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 March 2022 - 05:39 PM

APC & Coliform testing at an outside accredited lab varies by your volume but typically ranges in the $10-$20 for APC, and Coliform is usually $11-22 depending on sample size and annual volume with the lab. I'm not endorsing any lab but you can see the coliform and apc prices for a couple different third party labs online at the links below. 

One thing to consider when sending samples to an outside lab is that you may incur some hefty shipping costs for next day delivery and the samples need to arrive refrigerated. 

Aerobic Plate Count Test | Medallion Labs

Aerobic Count Bacteria (foodandaglab.com)

Coliforms Test | Medallion Labs

Coliform Count Bacteria (foodandaglab.com)

Hope that helps

Deyndrael

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 March 2022 - 11:53 AM

Is there any sort of special accreditations that you need to approve APC/Coliform results? I used to work at a "outside lab" for 5 years so I feel confident in interpreting these results on my own. The Luminometer MicroSnap testing is also approved by the AOAC so I think it'd be just as good as sending it to an outside lab. 

WowQC

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:33 PM

We have been using the Hygiena system with the EnSURE for several years. We use it for finished product, environmental, water, etc. We use the MicrSnap TOTAL, UltraSnap ATP and MicroSnap Coliform/e.coli. We do send samples annually to third-party labs for verification/validation. We find the Hygiena system works well, is quick and easy to use, and provides accurate results. The best part is it can be done in-house using enclosed devices, and results for most tests are available same day. We have the AOAC documentation on file, and we have never had an issue with auditors using this system. Cost is about $5 per test.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users