Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 April 2022 - 05:40 PM

For context, I work at a Winery which has a bottling facility. I just created a destruction policy for Trademarked packaging materials (more specifically for destruction of unused, excess or non-compliant labels). Do all packaging materials with our companies name or logo have to go through the same process?

For example, 1) cardboard cases with my companies name or 2) decorative foils which have our name or logo need. DO these need to be disposed of so that they are "unusable and unidentifiable?"

Abby7

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 April 2022 - 07:40 PM

Hello,

Given that part of the intent of this policy is to control the risk of inappropriate use of your companies name, yes, cases or decorative foils printed with your companies name should be included as 'best practice'.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 683 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 April 2022 - 06:01 PM

I guess technically not necessarily the "same process" or recycler but anything with your logo / name needs to be destroyed or otherwise go through a process that will render them unidentifiable.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: packaging destruction, trademark, secondary packaging, trademarked destruction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users