• Quick Navigation
Photo

FSSC 22000 Scope of the food safety management system

Share this

Best Answer , 19 June 2022 - 08:30 AM

Thank you very much for  your helpful response!

Most definitely, it's Management system certification (not product). 

I  have  to discuss  more the scope  with  my body certification. 

Best regards

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 14 June 2022 - 11:46 AM

Hi Everybody,

According to  FSSC 22000 scheme, organization should determine the scope of the food safety management system and  it  shall be available and maintained as documented information.

In my  case the organization produce traditional products:

• Date jam and other date derivatives (plant product)
  • Honey packaging (animal product)

My question:  what could be the scope  and  the category of  this  organization: CI, CII, CIII  or CIV (could we  put two categories on the same certificate)

Thanks

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,236 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 June 2022 - 04:35 AM

Hi MOURADTALBI,

See FSSC 22000 Annex 1 CB Certificate Scope Statements in the Scheme Documents

4.2 FOOD CHAIN CATEGORY C - FOOD MANUFACTURING

1) FSSC 22000 is a Management System certification, not a product certification. Therefore, listing all individual products, the organization produces shall be avoided.

2) Applied technologies that impact food safety shall be mentioned (e.g. sterilization, pasteurization, fermentation, drying) but it is strongly advised not to put all individual process steps in the scope statement

3) The type of packaging shall be mentioned when it has a vital function in food safety …………..

4) Packaging activities limited to (inline) unfolding of packaging, blowing of bottle preforms, printing etc. are not considered as food packaging production and are included in the food scope of certification where linked with food manufacturing at the site.

5) Where products are intended for specific vulnerable consumer groups, this shall be indicated in scope statement (e.g. baby food, infant formula etc.).

6) Storage, warehousing, & distribution, delivery, supply and dispatch operations (on or off site), may only be added to the manufacturing scope statement in cases where these are:

• dedicated to the company's own production;

• included within the audited food safety management system;

• part of the same legal entity (i.e. owned by the organization).

Where 3rd party Logistic Services are provided, category G is applicable.

7) The word “sales” is not allowed: A manufacturer will always have sales activities,…………..

8) By-products from the food manufacturing process can be included provided they are mentioned in scope statement with the addition “for use in the feed industry” or equivalent wording.

See attached for full wording:

Attached File  Annex-1_CB-scope-statements_Version-5.1.pdf   390.65KB   39 downloads

You should discuss this with your certification body and request certification of scope statements that reflect what you do with both dates and honey.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 2 Members:

MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 19 June 2022 - 08:30 AM   Best Answer

Thank you very much for  your helpful response!

Most definitely, it's Management system certification (not product). 

I  have  to discuss  more the scope  with  my body certification. 

Best regards

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users