• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 05 July 2022 - 12:32 PM

Hi,

I am familiar with low risk products that has had rare L. mono environmental detection but have recently come into contact with a high care facility that would have fairly frequent Listeria mono. contamination in high care drains ranging from one positive to six positives per month.  One of the positives was picked up on a piece of food contact equipment.  There is no testing of finished product as it is not seen as a ready to eat product but a ready to cook.  How concerned should you be with that level of L. mono drain contamination within a ready to cook facility. Again I mention I am not familiar with high care facilities but I know on my low risk facility (bread product) we got 1 detection of L. mono in 15 years that resulted in huge spends on drain redesign, floor surface replacement and floor cleaning equipment. TIA

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,521 posts
  • 1517 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 05 July 2022 - 01:09 PM

Here's a link to a recent study on why the management of l mono is still so challenging and fraught with confusion   Spoiler alert----we just don't know enough yet about L mono to broadly apply a standard around the world

https://www.icmsf.or...Control2021.pdf

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 2 Members:

FHM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 05 July 2022 - 01:17 PM

Thank you Scampi, a weighty document to get my teeth into

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,073 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 05 July 2022 - 03:38 PM

What type of foods are you making. To find listeria in a drain in a high risk facility - not surprised at all. You will find it.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 July 2022 - 12:01 AM

Hi,

I am familiar with low risk products that has had rare L. mono environmental detection but have recently come into contact with a high care facility that would have fairly frequent Listeria mono. contamination in high care drains ranging from one positive to six positives per month.  One of the positives was picked up on a piece of food contact equipment.  There is no testing of finished product as it is not seen as a ready to eat product but a ready to cook.  How concerned should you be with that level of L. mono drain contamination within a ready to cook facility. Again I mention I am not familiar with high care facilities but I know on my low risk facility (bread product) we got 1 detection of L. mono in 15 years that resulted in huge spends on drain redesign, floor surface replacement and floor cleaning equipment. TIA

Hi FHM,

I don't understand how a high care designated area would be associated with a RTC finished product.

Please clarify process.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users