• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 September 2022 - 02:37 PM

Hi all,

New here and looking forward to being a more active participant. I had a quick question about Food Defense. 

I work in the dietary supplement industry and need a little clarification about the calculations regarding public health impact using the 3 elements method.

For example if we handle 748.8kg of material during a process step and all that goes into tablets with each tablet serving being 576 mg. This leads to a servings per batch of roughly 1,300,000 tablets. The provided fda mortality rate is 50% so the "# of deaths" would be 650,000. This would lead to a score of 10 for element 1. However the representative contaminant dose needed per serving is 40 mg (Fda provide value), and the amount of contaminant needed per batch is 52 kg which is just very unlikely anyone could sneak that in.

Would this and all similar process steps be scored a 1 for element 3 since they would need to add a large volume of contaminant without being detected?

Edited by takeshi, 28 September 2022 - 02:38 PM.

juanolea1

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 46 posts
  • 18 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 September 2022 - 05:10 PM

Maybe this guidance  can be helpful?

https://www.fda.gov/...113684/download

dimitriepreserve

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Austria
    Austria

Posted 18 October 2022 - 04:35 AM

All products need careful monitoring as sometimes manufacturers add chemicals to make the products grow faster. And then people try this, which can hurt their health. I'm watching my food carefully, and I subscribed to a meal delivery service to eat right. On this website, https://www.moneyund...very-comparison, I read comparisons of different companies that work in this field. I eat meals prepared by a chef, and the chef uses only good products. I am sure that nutrition is very important for human health.

Edited by dimitriepreserve, 18 October 2022 - 04:35 AM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users