• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2023 - 03:49 PM

Hi all, 

I have just joined the wonderful community where we can take guidance from professionals, I  have worked in food industry in QA in auditing under QA Manager and then, unluckily, I was not able to join any food company. Now again, I have got an opportunity.

What if an organization is BRC certified and still it requires workforce to make its supplier assurance program strong, which might have gaps. What challenges could an individual having less experience in suppliers and raw materials might face? 

Thanks 

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2023 - 09:59 AM

Less experienced workers are less likely to be aware of all the potential risks and thus less aware of the gaps in the system.

I would recommend scheduling a meeting with the most experienced member of the team and ask them about the gaps they see.

Faizan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2023 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for your comment. could you please mention all documents which comes under supplier assurance program?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 February 2023 - 02:24 AM

Thanks for your comment. could you please mention all documents which comes under supplier assurance program?

Hi Faizan,

You might consider downloading the free  BRC Food Standard and doing a search for "Supplier Approval". > 1 "Document" (Supplier Approval), 19 entries.

Edited by Charles.C, 22 February 2023 - 02:27 AM.
edited

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2023 - 08:24 AM

That would be quite hard.

It depends on what products you buy from your suppliers and what the associated risks of those products are.

What sort of products does your company make, sell and buy?

Faizan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2023 - 09:05 AM

That would be quite hard.

It depends on what products you buy from your suppliers and what the associated risks of those products are.

What sort of products does your company make, sell and buy?

its a cheese making plant

Faizan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2023 - 09:06 AM

Hi Faizan,

You might consider downloading the free  BRC Food Standard and doing a search for "Supplier Approval". > 1 "Document" (Supplier Approval), 19 entries.

hi,

i have already downloaded and read, but i just wanted to see he samples of all the docs

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,244 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 February 2023 - 06:12 AM

Hi Faizan,

As well as taking advice from people in the organisation with more experience in this area, I would suggest that you purchase the BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety (Issue 9) Interpretation Guideline. It is extremely useful if you are new to the BRCGS standard.

Kind regards,

Tony

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 February 2023 - 03:37 PM

hi,

i have already downloaded and read, but i just wanted to see he samples of all the docs

Hi Faizan,

Might note that afaik BRC does not specifically state as requiring a  Procedure for a Supplier Approval Program although some auditees do formulate such. Maybe have a look at this useful discussion/thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...nt/#entry162014

(a [very] detailed Procedure is attached in Post 6) (Much "simpler" versions can also be found  :smile: ).

BRC (Clause 3.5.1.1) does specifically require a Procedure for risk assessing raw materials which (subjectively) may overlap the topic of Supplier Approval. One possible response to this Clause (there are several others documented on this Forum) is illustrated/documented within this link -

http://www.ifsqn.com...al/#entry100194

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users