• Quick Navigation
Photo

How much should I charge for creating a whole food safety program and get the production facility certified with GMP audit

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

FoodSafety2022

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:49 PM

Hello experienced Consultants,

Owner of a small spaghetti manufacturing company in west coast (US) requested me to create a whole food safety system, get it implemented (including GMP/SSOP/Food Allergen/Basic HACCP in-person training) and get the production facility certified with a recognized third party GMP audit.  The facility is about 2000-3000 square feet and there are about 8 production employees total. Currently they do not have procedures in place and I have to start from scratch.  

The products are frozen and ready-to-cook and can be grouped into 3 different HACCP plans. Wheat, egg, shellfish and milk would be major allergens present in products.  

How much should I charge the company for the whole package. The consulting charge does not include third party audit fee.

Thank you

Edited by FoodSafety2022, 08 May 2023 - 09:57 PM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 09 May 2023 - 04:37 AM

$35,000 right now in USD.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 09 May 2023 - 05:56 AM

Whatever you are charging needs to be value for money. Charges can stack up if you have considerable expenses to add to your normal daily rate. Your charges need to be based on how long you think it will take you to implement a system. For a smaller operation it should be considerably quicker, but it will also depend on how much resource is assisting you in the implementation.

SQF Consultant has quoted $35,000USD which doesn't sound totally unreasonable, but you can see why the IFSQN Food Safety Management System Implementation Packages are very popular given they include technical support until certification is achieved and start at less than $1,000USD per site.

Kind regards,

Tony

FoodSafety2022

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 May 2023 - 05:09 PM

Whatever you are charging needs to be value for money. Charges can stack up if you have considerable expenses to add to your normal daily rate. Your charges need to be based on how long you think it will take you to implement a system. For a smaller operation it should be considerably quicker, but it will also depend on how much resource is assisting you in the implementation.

SQF Consultant has quoted $35,000USD which doesn't sound totally unreasonable, but you can see why the IFSQN Food Safety Management System Implementation Packages are very popular given they include technical support until certification is achieved and start at less than $1,000USD per site.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony

Thank you for your suggestion. The company that I worked for a couple of year ago bought one of the package and I found it informative and helpful. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users