Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 June 2023 - 10:35 PM

I am a retired EHS professional with a long and diverse background including formerly as an authorized TTT for Region 1 OSHA training institute in Construction, Maritime, Utility, Disaster Response, Industrial Hygiene, Emergency Management and General Industry.  My new neighbor works as a manager for a Frozen Seafood Storage/Warehouse and Distribution Center and asked me if I wanted to do an unofficial mock OSHA audit.  (I think it was my wife's idea to get me out of the house). Since I've been home-bound for a while, I figured I check it out, even if it's just looking around. I've got to say, the BRCGS seems quite different from the OSHA regulations and has piqued my interest.  To be clear, I am not looking for work, nor getting paid, just trying to get through the cobwebs, if possible.  "Just saying".  ):

Respectfully,

P Stagno

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,236 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 21 June 2023 - 04:31 AM

Hi Pat,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

BRCGS standards tend to be quite demanding. In addition to this, the BRCGS Storage and Distribution Standard is quite complex now with extra modules for Wholesale, Cross-docking, E-commerce and Contracted Services Modules.

It may be worth looking at SQF Food Safety Code: Storage and Distribution, Edition 9 as a starting point for food safety management system requirements for storage and distribution operations.

One other point of note, it may be a good idea to change your username if that is your real email address. You are at risk of attracting lots of spam.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users