Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:12 PM

Quality Managers are always whingeing (on) about something or other:

'I thought that corrective action was implemented…'

'I can't believe the operator missed the…'

'If only the Department Heads would take ownership for…'

'Why can't Senior Management show commitment to…'

Sound familiar?

OK so it's difficult being the quality champion, you're responsible for promoting quality and for driving improvement throughout the business and quite often you have to do it from a middle management position.

So for one day only you can be the CEO / Managing Director of your organisation.

What would you change? The change will be permanent.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:13 AM

Wonderful issue Simon :thumbup:

Well, let' s start changing from Quality Manager :angry:

The present guy is too much professional.

I need a "yes man", totally devoted to me and my private business :lol:

Stop joking now. If I were the CEO I would change one habit: decisions at all levels shall be based on data analysis and money driven :smarty:

Stop wasting time and money discussing and simply act on a scientific base.

This approach would be effective for my company, I know it may prove uneffective for other companies.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:20 PM

Stop joking now. If I were the CEO I would change one habit: decisions at all levels shall be based on data analysis and money driven :smarty:

Stop wasting time and money discussing and simply act on a scientific base.

This approach would be effective for my company, I know it may prove uneffective for other companies.

How are decisions made at the moment?

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:34 AM

Simon, sorry but I can't write it down :angry:

I'm hanging myself up with a huge mortgage for new house :beer: and I will need my present salary for the next 25 years :ph34r:

Suffice it to say that they are not based on data analysis :whistle:

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2004 - 10:59 AM

Yes I understand mate…I can make a good guess. It demonstrates the value of using a ‘nomme de plume' and not using your own photograph when registering for a discussion forum. Just think you could have been P. Nedved, the photo would have been more pleasing on the eye too. :lol:

Well, let's start changing from Quality Manager :angry: the present guy is too much professional.

I'll take up your point Franco because it's hit on what I was thinking. Although it would be nice to be the MD / CEO for a day for most of us it's not possible so the question is how can we become more effective from where we are?

In my opinion I believe you have to work it from the ‘inside - out' or as Stephen Covey put it continually work to increase your ‘sphere of influence' i.e. the things you are responsible for and have control over - e.g. YOU!

For example, how tidy is your desk? Do you turn up for work on time? Do you turn up for meetings on time? Do you action your actions? Do you answer emails and voice mail messages promptly? Do you listen? Do you care? Are you polite? Can you communicate? Are you creative? Are you charismatic? Are you passionate? Can you sell? Have you spent a couple of days in each department (working)? Do you know what you are talking about? Do you know every employee by name? Do they know you? Do you provide positive feedback? Or do you simply communicate bad news such as customer complaints and audit nonconformities?

I believe working to increase your sphere of influence is the only way to move your team so that it galvanizes the entire organisation. You have enough tools in your tool bag so the next time you get to go on a training course instead of poka-yoke or six sigma why not go on a self-development course on something you need to improve.

The change starts with you…

Regards,
Simon
Posted Image

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:50 PM

The change starts with you…

Hi mate, sorry I missed your post because I had to fire one of my stupid coworkers :P and lately speak at a meeting about all those non-sense quality issues :tired:

Joking, I agree the change starts from us. Stop blaming our bosses :thumbup:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:57 PM

Hi mate, sorry I missed your post because I had to fire one of my stupid coworkers :P and lately speak at a meeting about all those non-sense quality issues :tired:

I know and all the effort I went to making those damn circles. :crybaby:

Regards,
Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users