• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 01 August 2023 - 02:22 PM

Hello,

As a QA Manager with 7 years of experience in the food industry (2 years in QA manager, rest QA coordinator and tech) in Canada, I am interested in becoming a GFSI auditor in the long term. I have found conflicting information online and would like some guidance on where to begin. I am willing to start from the basics and obtain any necessary licenses.

Edited by desaivishalh, 01 August 2023 - 02:23 PM.

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 August 2023 - 04:13 PM

simple answer is that you need education and or experience, lead auditor course, experience in some categories. and witness audits.   Each standard has published their if you want the exact requirements.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 01 August 2023 - 04:28 PM

I was an SQF Auditor for about 7 years and then flipped hats and went into consulting.

I would suggest (let's take SQF as an example) looking up the requirements to become a registered SQF Auditor and then contacting some of the auditing companies to see what their requirements are.

Most are looking for broad range of food sectors, the more the better and also to get more assignments they are interested more in their auditors having multiple schemes.

Some companies may hire you as an employee but most take contractors. That part will be up to you. However those that employ may be willing to take on a beginner and provide the tools needed to learn as you work under the guidance of a mentor or one of the Auditors.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

MlissaB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 20 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 August 2023 - 02:42 PM

It may be worth it to look at which sectors are currently short on auditors as well to make yourself "desirable." I work in packaging and a number of our sites are BRC certified. There have been shortages in auditors able to do the BRC Packaging audits since day one. A friend who is an auditor for a CB has said it's a gap that needs filling and they just can't find the people. May be another option to get your foot in the door.

Edited by MlissaB, 04 August 2023 - 02:42 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GFSI, BRC, Auditor, AIB, SQF, GMP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users