• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 August 2023 - 08:03 PM

Hello,

We are a facility that manufactures Bread Products, Frozen, we have recently add to our company an external Cold Storage , Only our products goes there. 

Our Facility is SQF, would it be ok with SQF if  I add this facility to my HACCP plan.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 17 August 2023 - 03:15 AM

Hi carlacnm02,

You should be adding that new external cold storage facility to your HACCP plan. Is it under your management or an external company? As this will be important when considering the changes to your HACCP plan.

You need to ensure that the facility operates to SQF requirements, that may be by your own management or by supplier assurance.

It is also advisable to inform your certification body of the change.

Kind regards,

Tony

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 379 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 17 August 2023 - 03:23 PM

Tony C is correct.  I also would add in that the CB may want to send out an auditor to inspect this new space.  That is dependent on when your recertification audit is and the timing of it all.

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 532 posts
  • 102 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:40 PM

Hello,

We are a facility that manufactures Bread Products, Frozen, we have recently add to our company an external Cold Storage , Only our products goes there. 

Our Facility is SQF, would it be ok with SQF if  I add this facility to my HACCP plan.

It depends on the certifying body.  They will want to know some things about this other facility.  If it is physically close your production location, perhaps a small number of miles away, they may be willing to include it under your current facility and that may allow you to include it directly in your HACCP plan, if you directly manage it.

On the other hand, if it is far away or you do not have direct management control over this other facility, they may insist on treating it as separate, with its own audit and its own food safety and quality programs.

In the end it will be the certifying body that decides.  If you don't like their answer, this could be a reason to shop around for another CB, but there's no guarantee you'll get a different answer.

Edited by G M, 17 August 2023 - 06:40 PM.

carlacnm02

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 August 2023 - 07:21 PM

Thank you so much for your comments; this cold storage facility is ours, and our crew does all the inspections. Based on your comments, I  will add to my HACCP.  The auditor is aware of this facility added to our scope, and he will audit it. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users