• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 24 September 2023 - 04:54 AM

Dears,
Based on fssc v6 allergen management additional requirement which require that if there are risk assessment outcome identifies an allergen cross contamination as a risk to the consumer, we shall use a precautionary or warning labels.
So the question what is the level of risk at which we shall use the precautionary labels
And what the types of precautionary labels, may it be just a sentence saying that the product it may contain traces from allergens generally without specifying the allergens in case of using several allergens in the same production area.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 26 September 2023 - 02:48 AM

Hi mhosn,

Allergen labelling requirements depend on the applicable legislation so for sound advice you need to clarify where the products are going to be sold.

Kind regards,

Tony

mhosn

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 26 September 2023 - 04:34 AM

Hello Tony,
But here in the new version , depends on the risk outcome is there a risk we shall put a precautionary label , so I am ensuring from my interpretation. And if yes we shall put a precautionary label . Shall we mention all the allergen we use generally for all the products. Even if the products ingredients don't include any allergen material?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:14 PM

To double down on what Tony said your REGULATIONS come first, then your GFSI requirements

So what does the regulation where your product will be sold say you MUST DO?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

mhosn

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 27 September 2023 - 01:49 PM

So if the regulations don't require allergen declaration in case of the allergen cross-contamination, the company not have to add precautionary labels for the traces of the allergen even if the risk assessment outcome identifies probability of the allergen cross contamination .

So, the update in fssc requirements regarding the allergen management didn't add change than the previous version, as it is still depend on thr regulation requirements.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users