• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2024 - 06:12 PM

recently we had a SQF audit, we were mark with a non-conformance of 2.4-2.4.1.3

has any one here been mark on that section? 

we do have it on the crisis manager plan about communication the SQF, but the auditor was referring something about a regulatory communication. Does anyone know anything about that?

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2024 - 06:20 PM

Do you have the certification body listed for communication in the recall communication?

I have seen some places marked a NC if they don't have the certification body contact listed.

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 183 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:08 PM

2.4.1.3 SQFI and the certification body shall be notified in writing within twenty-four (24) hours as a result of a regulatory warning or event. Notification to SQFI shall be by email to foodsafetycrisis@sqfi.com.

A lot of people miss the requirement to notify both SQF and your certification body.  A lot of people also miss adding the 24-hour requirement to their program.

I would amend your program to list both parties, with appropriate contact information right in the SOP, and state that they must be notified within 24 hours or less anytime a regulator issues a warning or a recall against your facility.

• G M likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:

tfaisal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2024 - 10:32 PM

Hi 

@FSQA - yes, I do have certification body listed in for communication in the recall communication, that's why I wasn't sure how to resolve the corrective of action.

@jfrey123 - Thank you I will list it in both parties it gave me a resolution to my corrective or action.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 January 2024 - 05:34 AM

Hi tfaisal,

Further to jfrey123’s post, your certification body and SQFI are required to be listed in your essential contacts lists and this is in the SQF Food Safety Code: Food Manufacturing, Edition 9, PART A: Implementing and Maintaining the SQF Food Safety Code: Food Manufacturing:

Step 15: Changes to Site SQF Requirements

15.6 Notification of Recalls and Regulatory Infringements

If your site initiates a food safety event that requires public notification, such as a Class l or Class ll recall or receives a regulatory warning letter, you must notify your certification body and SQFI in writing at foodsafetycrisis@sqfi.com within twenty-four (24) hours of the event.

Your certification body and SQFI are required to be listed in your essential contacts lists as defined in system element 2.6.3 of the SQF Food Safety Code: Food Manufacturing.

Your certification body is required to notify SQFI within a further forty-eight (48) hours of any action it intends to take to ensure the integrity of the certification.

To clarify, 2.6.3 is Product Withdrawal and Recall (Mandatory)

Kind regards,

Tony

tfaisal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 January 2024 - 06:27 PM

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your advice, we were able to take care of that SQF corrective action with your guidance! 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 24 January 2024 - 02:23 AM

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your advice, we were able to take care of that SQF corrective action with your guidance! 

Thank you for letting us know tfaisal,

Glad that your corrective action has been sorted  :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users