Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

Just for fun :rolleyes: here is a photograph of my lunch in progress. Looks yummy doesn't it. But wait, am I doing something wrong?

I would like the food safety experts out there to tell me what the hazards are and why and what I really should be doing to ensure my lunch is wholesome and safe.

Maybe a regular feature? :helpplease:

Posted Image

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:07 AM

Nobody wanna play?

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

Nobody wanna play?

i'll play!!
Food safety and H&S hat on here!

Well apart from the obvious mixture of Raw and Ready To Eat, sharp knife, wooden board. prepared on top of hob? Rinsing of veg? i could go on

looks like a scene from McDons to be honest!!!

C x

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

I would like the food safety experts out there to tell me what the hazards are and why and what I really should be doing to ensure my lunch is wholesome and safe.

Looks like the beansprouts have past their sell by date.
Did you have your hair covered?

Do I get a prize?
:king:

P.S. You forgot to show the hand with open cuts / boils, the fag in the ashtray, the cat on the work surface, used nappy..........

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

wayne

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

Dear Simon

I cannot read statistics with salad; however, it is a yummy lunch if I carry a wok with me.

Regards/Wayne

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

i'll play!!
Food safety and H&S hat on here!

Well apart from the obvious mixture of Raw and Ready To Eat, sharp knife, wooden board. prepared on top of hob? Rinsing of veg? i could go on

looks like a scene from McDons to be honest!!!

Yes it really is a horror scene, so what's the worst that's gonna happen to me?

Looks like the beansprouts have past their sell by date.
Did you have your hair covered?

Do I get a prize?
:king:

Yes, no and definitely not! ;)

P.S. You forgot to show the hand with open cuts / boils, the fag in the ashtray, the cat on the work surface, used nappy..........

I didn't want to use everything in one go; I've got a new digital camera. :biggrin:

Dear Simon
I cannot read statistics with salad; however, it is a yummy lunch if I carry a wok with me.

Yes it was and I'm still here, so what gives with this food safety. :dunno:

BTW does anyone know what the stuff in the red square is. Looks a bit like a face. :o
Posted Image

okido

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:11 AM

Hallo Simon,

You could use this composition in art school and pass with high grades.
With respect to food safety? How low can you go? The knife has teeth ????

But at the same time I have to admit that I still own a wooden cutting board :thumbdown: .

Remember to share good fortune with your friends, Okido

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:37 AM

Yes it really is a horror scene, so what's the worst that's gonna happen to me?

MMMM Worse that could happen is that YOU kill yourself and whoever you've got over for your Tete a Tete. :whistle:

Best scenario is that ALL of the forum turn out for your funeral!!!!

see we do love you, i'll even put black on! :biggrin:

wayne

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

Dear All

He is smiling whilst holding a grenade. " Dare you to have me"? haha! I am winning! "Enjoy your lunch".

Regards/Wayne

Bonno

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Web design, Football (football team linked above), Music, Reading, Films - usual stuff really.<br /><br />Would like to give golf a try but have not got around to it yet.<br /><br />I have also heard that having weekends off is quite good, so intend to give that a try soon and see if I like it!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

Sorry for coming into this thread a little late - but I would still like to have a go...........

I see the biggest hazard here as being off camera shot. Instead of making your partner a tasty lunch, you grabbed your camera and took a pic'!

Forget the raw meet & veg mixed. Don't worry about the 'sell by dates' and don't give the work surface another thought. Worry about the rolling pin quickly heading towards the soft spot at the back of your head.

I do like the idea of showing something like this and have used it myself during training sessions - however, with all 'risks' considered you would never eat or drink again. When I was growing up I drank directly from the hose pipe and ate soil and it never did me any harm - fortunately I had grown out of that kind of thing by my early 30's.

Great thread though.
Bonno

Your mind is a parachute, it doesn't work when it's closed....Frank Zappa

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

You could use this composition in art school and pass with high grades.
With respect to food safety? How low can you go? The knife has teeth ????

But at the same time I have to admit that I still own a wooden cutting board :thumbdown: .

Hello Okido, I agree wooden chopping boards should have been banned a long time ago. I believe there's a 30 strong EU peer review process ongoing as we speak, should become a regulation February 2009. Personally I kind of like the tatse. :smile:

MMMM Worse that could happen is that YOU kill yourself and whoever you've got over for your Tete a Tete. :whistle:

Best scenario is that ALL of the forum turn out for your funeral!!!!

see we do love you, i'll even put black on! :biggrin:

At last some sense on the subject. Thanks Caz. :clap:

He is smiling whilst holding a grenade. " Dare you to have me"? haha! I am winning! "Enjoy your lunch".

What can I say Wayne? What can I say...you got me. :unsure:

Sorry for coming into this thread a little late - but I would still like to have a go...........

Hey Bonno, it's good to see you back. See what you've been missing. :rolleyes:

I see the biggest hazard here as being off camera shot. Instead of making your partner a tasty lunch, you grabbed your camera and took a pic'!

Forget the raw meet & veg mixed. Don't worry about the 'sell by dates' and don't give the work surface another thought. Worry about the rolling pin quickly heading towards the soft spot at the back of your head.

You got it Bonno. :thumbup: Members may have noticed I've not been around as much lately.

Posted Image.

I do like the idea of showing something like this and have used it myself during training sessions - however, with all 'risks' considered you would never eat or drink again. When I was growing up I drank directly from the hose pipe and ate soil and it never did me any harm - fortunately I had grown out of that kind of thing by my early 30's.

Great thread though.
Bonno

Yes you're right Bonno it's a great thread and I'm sure it will prove to be a useful resource for newcomers to food safety. :doh:

Thanks for all of your input.

Regards,
Simon

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image.

Regards,
Simon

MMMMM wonder where Simon is actually having a sex change?? :unsure:

Wonderfully manicured eyebrows Simon!!! :clap:

C xx

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

When I was growing up I drank directly from the hose pipe and ate soil and it never did me any harm - fortunately I had grown out of that kind of thing by my early 30's.

Another point for Grandpa Timperley! :clap:

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

MMMMM wonder where Simon is actually having a sex change?? :unsure:

Wonderfully manicured eyebrows Simon!!! :clap:

C xx

Thanks Caz, actually I had the sex change in 1984, the bandages are like Bonno said as a result of assault and battery.

Simone X

Another point for Grandpa Timperley! :clap:

GT's legagcy lives on. :king:

Do you think it's time we moved this thread to general discussion. :smile:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users